Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Yay for Ultrasounds!


Can I just say that I have been terribly spoiled with both of my pregnancies! I probably got 5 or 6 ultrasounds with Abbie and I've already had 4 with this baby. I just love getting to see the little fingers and toes and lips and nose, although my favorite image is the spine for some reason. I just think it looks cool because you can see all the little bones. Anyway, enough blabbing. We met with a perinatologist (high-risk pregnancy doctor) who did an ultrasound to make sure that everything was ok with this baby's heart. It was just a precaution because of Abbie's condition. Drumroll please.......everything looks GREAT! I saw 4 little chambers and 2 valves just pumping away! It was a relief to know for sure that everything was ok. Oh, and we confirmed that Baby #2 is definitely a little girl for those of you who hadn't heard ( I forgot to post after that ultrasound). Anyway, we are very happy with the results and are looking forward to having a more "normal" baby experience this time around.

7 comments:

  1. Yay! Congrats on the great news! Can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! congrats on another girl-they will be such fun friends! Glad she's healthy and doing well

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for you guys! I hadn't heard it was a girl, so congrats on that! I am so glad that everything looks good with her heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite was the spine too. Very cool that it can see that. And congrats on another girl. Poor Lance and all that estrogen. ;-) And I'm so happy that the heart looks all good to go. That must have been such a relief. Wahoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so great!!!!!!!!!!!! I love girls! (and we love our boy too but I had secretly wanted all girls, lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, two little girls right in a row! I've never experienced this obviously, but everyone I've ever talked to has said that having the same gender right in a row is SO MUCH FUN! I also have an older sister whom I just adore. Congrats Kellie & Lance! :)

    ReplyDelete