Monday, June 22, 2009

It's what Fun is!

Wow, it's been a busy week! Lance and I got to go to Lagoon, Abbie turned 4 months old and had her 4 month check-up, and we celebrated Father's Day of course!

So first things first, we got some discount passes to Lagoon and we were so excited to go, especially me. I wanted to go on some roller coasters so bad since I was pregnant last summer when we went to California and Lance got to go to Six Flags. Anyway, so we get to Lagoon and went immediately to Wicked before the line got too long. It was a pretty sweet ride! Only a few short rides later, Lance was feeling nauseous, I had a killer headache, and we were both tired! What happened to those carefree days of youth when we could run around, going on ride after ride, and never get tired? We couldn't believe how old we felt! We even had to take a break and go to my parents house to take a little nap! Oh well, we still had fun, even though it didn't turn out to be the day we had imagined. Abbie had a fun day with Grandma J going on walks and being spoiled! Thanks Mom!


I can't believe Abbie is 4 months old already! She gets cuter and cuter everyday and she's doing well developmentally, despite her rough start in life. She weighs 12 lbs. 12 oz. (30th percentile) and is 24 1/2 inches long (60th percentile). She had to get some immunizations and she was a little cranky, but a little bit of Tylenol, a cute new dress, and some stylin' sunglasses, and she was as good as new. The most common question we get about Abbie is "How much longer will she need her feeding tube?" We have no clue! We are trying to work with her but there is only so much we can do if she won't suck. We're going to make an appointment with another feeding therapist (I didn't feel like the first one was helpful at all) and see if that helps.

And last, but not least, Lance got to celebrate his first Father's Day on Sunday. He is such an amazing Daddy! He's so good at taking care of Abbie and he's not afraid to change a dirty diaper! Abbie loves her Daddy and always has a smile for him! Thanks for being such a wonderful husband and father!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Lagoon!!! I miss it!
    Father's Day is amazing! I can't believe how big Abbie is!!! She is so cute!!!
    I am so glad to hear you guys are doing great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stylin girl! I think she is sooo cute! And I know what you mean about Lagoon, it just isn'tthe same for me either! And on a side note, do you remember what we had discussions about at your house last time we were there? Well, it worked-we are due in January.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO glad to hear you guys are getting some dates in lately-- I'm jealous! Abbie's a DOLL!!! I'm loving the updates..... :)

    ReplyDelete