Sunday, August 23, 2009

Where to Start?

I hate when I get behind on the blog because we have so much to catch up on and then I get overwhelmed and then I put it off because I don't have time to catch up and then there's even more to catch up on because I put it off! Whew! Finally, it's Sunday night, Abbie is sleeping soundly in her crib, and after messing around with blog designs for awhile, I've decided I can't put it off anymore, so here goes!

Over the last several weeks, we've gone to three family reunions! We've had a great time introducing Abbie to her relatives, playing at the park, running around like idiots doing silly relay races, taking Abbie swimming for the first time, and just having fun!

A little hesitant at first, but I think she liked it

We've also been to several doctor's appointments in the last few weeks. We had a cardiology appointment and Abbie is doing awesome! Her oxygen saturation level was 100% meaning her little heart is doing a great job, pumping plenty of oxygenated blood to her body. We don't have to go back for 6 whole months! We're also still seeing a feeding therapist once every two weeks to try to help Abbie learn to eat. We've been trying some solids but she's not too keen on that just yet. She does drink a little bit of diluted formula from a syringe which is good. I'm trying to be patient and concentrate on the progress she has made instead of getting frustrated with the speed of her progress. She's starting to get really aggressive with her tube now and likes to yank it off, tape and all, in the middle of the night. Her poor little cheeks are so red and irritated from her constant rubbing and pulling and our constant retaping to prevent the yanking.


Teasing Mommy by pretending to drink from a bottle

The last doctor's appointment we had was for Abbie's 6 month check-up! Our little baby is growing up! She weighed in at 14 lbs. 10 oz. and measured a little over 26 inches long. She did have to get several shots and she wasn't a happy camper for a few days afterwards. She's keeping up with most of the developmental milestones and is just starting to sit up by herself. She's still pretty wobbly and can't do it for very long but we're working on it.

Abbie showing off her red cheek and her newly acquired sitting skills

Well, I guess that wasn't so bad. I'm sure I've missed some things but this will just have to do. Hopefully it won't take me another month to post again!

Mommy and Abbie ready for church

7 comments:

  1. Cute blog background, and SUPER cute picture of you guys!! Did you get those done or just had someone snap it for you?? Oh and you only missed posting about when your BEST FRIEND came into town and met Abbie for the first time, but no biggie. ;) Seriously it was SO fun to see you guys! Abbie is adorable and I'm sure she'll learn to eat someday right!? Miss you guys already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job pulling off the it's-been-so-long-since-I've-posted post... and thanks for the update on Abbie. It's great to hear that she's progressing and growing to be so healthy! Knightley is starting to grab and pull on anything within reach, so I can only imagine what Abbie must feel with her feeding tube every day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute new blog design! Will you maybe please send me a digital copy of your family photo so I can add it to our scrapbook. It's just so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing how big Abbie is! She looks so great! It is awesome to hear you guys are doing well! What a blessing!
    The family picture is so awesome!
    And the new blog background is super cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad that she is doing well!! That is great news! What a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i LOVE LOVE LOVE the family picture! i can't believe abby is 6 months old already! i've got to come visit!

    ReplyDelete