Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween!

We had such a fun Halloween this year! We had a little bit of a rocky start to the spooky season on an innocent trip to Macey's grocery store. I took Abbie down the "Halloween" aisle so I could look at the candy, when suddenly she burst into tears! She had looked up to see these freaky skeleton ghouls hanging from the ceiling. Needless to say, the rest of that shopping trip didn't go so well and I quickly learned to avoid the "Halloween" aisle at any store for the month of October! Because of that experience, I wasn't sure that Abbie would be too keen on trick-or-treating, but she did great. I think her favorite part was waiting for the doorbell to ring so she could hand out candy to the kids. We had a Halloween party to go to so we tried to come up with some sort of costume. Basically, we just used what we had in our costume box and tried to match our costumes to some recognizable figure. Lance's "Injun Joe" was awesome, but all we could come up with for my costume was Kevin Jonas! Oh well, I guess it was funny.


"Kevin Jonas" and "Injun Joe"
Cutest little Panda

Of course we carved pumpkins this year, and Abbie got to participate a little bit more than last year. She picked her own, and was so excited that she got a Mickey Mouse on hers. We tried to let her help with a little carving, but ended up switching the little carving tool for a pen and let her go at it. Lance and I carved too but I didn't get a good picture of our pumpkins. Anyway, hope you all had a great Halloween! I can't believe its November already!
Yummy!

Trying to carve

Decided to draw instead

Mickey Mouse!

Daddy hard at work

4 comments:

  1. can't believe how big she is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abbie looks ADORABLE! Glad you guys had a good Halloween...and I'm impressed at the costumes you can pull off without just from your costume box! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Mickey Mouse Pumpkin. Good work Abbie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Mickey pumpkin is very good!

    ReplyDelete