Saturday, November 20, 2010

Milestones

We've had several big milestones lately and I just wanted to take a minute to record them.


#1 - Lance and I celebrated our 4th anniversary! I can't believe it's already been 4 years! We got to celebrate by taking a short road trip down to Las Vegas while Grandma J watched Abbie. We were originally supposed to go on Wednesday and come back Saturday night, but my poor pregnant body just couldn't handle all of the walking and those oh-so-comfy hotel beds, so we ended up leaving a day early. The big highlight of the trip was going to see Blue Man Group. Man are they bizarre! We also hit a few of the classics like the foutains at the Bellagio, the volcano at the Mirage, and of course we had to stop at the Coca Cola Factory to sample different drinks from around the world. All in all, it was a great trip and we had fun getting to spend some time alone together.

Blue Man Group

Coca Cola Factory
We drank all but 4 that were REALLY nasty


#2 - Abbie is now 1 and 3/4 years old! Hehe. To celebrate this significant milestone, we moved Abbie into a big girl bed! I can't believe it! It really feels weird that my little baby is not in a crib anymore, but we thought it was a good time to make the transition. It's been a week now and she had done amazing! She doesn't try to climb out (she never tried to climb out of her crib either) and she is still the great sleeper she was before. Knock on wood. We should also celebrate that Abbie now loves nursery! No more screaming or tantrums! Yipee! She's still doing well with eating and Mom and Dad love not having the tube! She talks constantly and repeats almost everything she hears. She loves to help Mommy sing songs, her favorites at the moment being Twinkle, Twinkle (she can almost sing the whole song by herself), Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam (or sunbeep as she sings it), and Once there was a Snowman. She is our little sweetheart, and we can't believe how much she is growing and learning!

She's such a big girl!


#3 - I am officially 30 weeks pregnant! - I feel a little bit bad because I haven't said much at all about this pregnancy, but there really hasn't been too much to say. Things have gone pretty smoothly, and I am only now starting to experience some of the third trimester woes, like mega heartburn, discomfort due to my increasingly large abdomen, and difficulty sleeping. One of my favorite things about pregnancy is being able to feel the baby move. I thought Abbie moved a lot but wow, this little girl is crazy! I swear she never sleeps because I feel her ALL the time! We're getting really excited to have her here but it still seems like a long way off. Abbie loves to give my belly kisses, and when I ask her if she wants a little baby sister, she nods, but I don't think she really understands. I think she will adore the baby, just maybe not all of the attention that the baby gets. And as a special treat for all of you who get this far, I'll post a picture of my ever-expanding belly! Wahoo! What? Aren't you excited?



Only 10 weeks to go!

4 comments:

  1. Happy 4 years! How fun!! We tried all the drinks, too but we didn't finish any of them...too much fun!!! You look darling pregnant! Can't believe you only have 10 weeks left.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww. You look great! And happy 4th! And I'm so glad Abbie is doing okay eating. She's (and you guys are) such a trooper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great update!!!!!!!! Congrats on all those exciting things-- YAY!! And you DO look great preggo and I can say that because I'm preggo too so I know. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if I have told you, but Congrats!!!! I am so glad that Abbie is doing great, too! I keep meaning to hop on and blog for a minute, but time just slips away!

    ReplyDelete